This is my blog, and I have the final word on which comments will be published. This comment policy describes the criteria I use in deciding whether to publish a comment. I post the vast majority of comments that I receive unedited, though there are some comments that I have to edit and some which I choose not to publish.
- This blog is intended for general readership of people of all ages. Any comment that contains “adult” content will be edited or will not be published.
- If I edit any comment I will make it clear what has been edited and why. I will never edit a comment so that it appears to be saying something different to what the author intended.
- Comments should be your own, though they may include short quotes that would be considered “fair use” in copyright terms. If you do include a quote please make it clear that this is a quote and where it comes from.
- My whole blog is released under the Creative Commons “Share Alike” license. By posting a comment on this blog you are deemed to have release comments under the same license. You retain copyright but people may quote or reuse the material for non-commercial purposes.
- If you have a lot to say consider writing your own blog article and putting a short comment with a link or a pingback. You can start a free blog at WordPress.com or many other hosted blog sites.
- All spam comments (comments intended as an advert for a site or product) will be rejected. WordPress’s spam filtering will remove most of these automatically but I will remove the rest.
- I am not obliged to publish any comment, and may choose not to do so if I feel that it is off-topic or goes directly against the purposes of this blog.