WordPress tells you the searches that people have made to find your blog. Some of these are quite interesting, because they are very telling about what people are looking for. This can help to see whether people are getting the answers they want. Some are just funny! I thought I would look at a few of them. I have not capitalised the searches, most people use lower case on google. yahoo, etc.
Common search strings that I think I address
These have links to the pages which I believe answer them.
- can i convert to hinduism?
- hinduism and the environment
- my visit to a hindu temple (also “a year on” and “Newcastle mandir“)
- differences and similarities between judaism and hinduism (also “yamas, Niyamas & 10 commandments“)
- Lord Shiva (and many more)
- sufism and hinduism
Common search strings that I don’t address
- opening time of hindu temple in newcastle (I have emailed the mandir and told them that this should be on the web. Many people seem to try lots of variations on this search).
- jackie kennedy onassis (I have only one picture of her as a girl wearing a costume with a swastika)
- verses predicting jesus in Vedas (There aren’t any, but I can show you some forgeries used by Christian missionaries)
- nazi germany (I do mention the misuse of the Swastika in passing)
The weird (Search strings that I would not expect)
- I had a dream about karen armstrong
- click here to become a hindu (Hinduism is as much a way of life as a religion. Clicking a link may be the start of a journey but that’s all)
- do hindus wash? (not covered but yes, many schools mandate bathing daily)
- indian catchy titles
- reference to england in the vedas (It wasn’t even a country at the time)
- hindu sects that except westerners (I hope that they are looking for ones that accept Westerners!)