The other day in our mandir, Pandit ji gave a nice analogy to explain why we sound the conch and ring the bells before arti. He likened it to the police siren. He said that if there are any unsavoury people hanging around a street corner and they hear a siren of a police car approaching they disappear. They know that the police will be following soon. Similarly when we hear the sound od the conch and the ringing of the bell our bad thoughts disapear. They know that the darshan is coming!
Search this blog
- This is just a random selection from all the links. The list will change daily.
devz on Anna is now Shiva Setep-en Het… devz on Devas in the V&A E Pooja Store on Devas in the V&A God Of All on Some Famous Western Hindu… chakra on How to chant a mantra 108 time… surya on Can a Westerner convert to… Kristin on How to chant a mantra 108 time…
- 355,858 hits since blog began
- Book Club: Eat, Pray, Love: 32-36 December 21, 2014 Ambaa
- Seeing Other Faith Practices Can Build You Own December 19, 2014 Ambaa
- Christmas time in London December 18, 2014 Lauren Mokasdar
- The parade December 18, 2014 jnana shiva
- Are Spirits Finally Communicating With Me? December 18, 2014 The Los Perspective // Los Media Studios
- The Gay Geneticry December 18, 2014 Dhrishti
- Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall December 18, 2014 Dhrishti
- View Posts by Western Hindus in a full page
I blog without obligation
Top 40 Hindu Blogs