The other day in our mandir, Pandit ji gave a nice analogy to explain why we sound the conch and ring the bells before arti. He likened it to the police siren. He said that if there are any unsavoury people hanging around a street corner and they hear a siren of a police car approaching they disappear. They know that the police will be following soon. Similarly when we hear the sound od the conch and the ringing of the bell our bad thoughts disapear. They know that the darshan is coming!
Search this blog
- This is just a random selection from all the links. The list will change daily.
God Of All on Some Famous Western Hindu… chakra on How to chant a mantra 108 time… surya on Can a Westerner convert to… Kristin on How to chant a mantra 108 time… Trent Wilkerson on Can a Westerner convert to… Sig on Why don’t you follow the… surya on Another Western Hindu blog: Wr…
- 351,113 hits since blog began
- What is Tantra? It ain’t what you think. November 27, 2014 Accidental Hindu
- The Gratitude of Understanding a Spiritual Life: A Thanksgiving Sermon for the Choir November 27, 2014 dbrk
- When Violence is Not Beyond Explanation, Ferguson Again November 26, 2014 dbrk
- Will Indian Psychology finally be re-discovered? November 26, 2014 mariawirthblog
- Happy American Thanksgiving! November 26, 2014 Ambaa
- Lurching November 25, 2014 jnana shiva
- Black Friday: Rich vs. Poor November 25, 2014 The Los Perspective // Los Media Studios
- View Posts by Western Hindus in a full page
I blog without obligation
Top 40 Hindu Blogs