The other day in our mandir, Pandit ji gave a nice analogy to explain why we sound the conch and ring the bells before arti. He likened it to the police siren. He said that if there are any unsavoury people hanging around a street corner and they hear a siren of a police car approaching they disappear. They know that the police will be following soon. Similarly when we hear the sound od the conch and the ringing of the bell our bad thoughts disapear. They know that the darshan is coming!
Search this blog
- This is just a random selection from all the links. The list will change daily.
divineforce61 on How to chant a mantra 108 time… krdasharathi on Can a Westerner convert to… Richie on A Christian tries to convert m… Prasanta Chakraborty on Why Hinduism is the "Eter… Shriram on A Christian tries to convert m… Abhishek Anand (Sana… on Why Hinduism is the "Eter… Abhishek (Sanatan Dh… on Why Hinduism is the "Eter…
- 388,735 hits since blog began
- Only The Eye of the Bird May 27, 2015 Ambaa
- Scripture Study: Bhagavad Gita, book two verses 66-69 May 26, 2015 Ambaa
- Religious People Have Fun Too May 25, 2015 Ambaa
- On Being Needed May 23, 2015 Barefoot Justine
- Harry Potter and the Foreigner Didi May 21, 2015 Lauren Mokasdar
- Praani May 21, 2015 Dhrishti
- Guided Sun Salutation May 20, 2015 Lakshya Yoga
- View Posts by Western Hindus in a full page
I blog without obligation
Top 40 Hindu Blogs