The other day in our mandir, Pandit ji gave a nice analogy to explain why we sound the conch and ring the bells before arti. He likened it to the police siren. He said that if there are any unsavoury people hanging around a street corner and they hear a siren of a police car approaching they disappear. They know that the police will be following soon. Similarly when we hear the sound od the conch and the ringing of the bell our bad thoughts disapear. They know that the darshan is coming!
Search this blog
- This is just a random selection from all the links. The list will change daily.
surya on Can a Westerner convert to… Kristin on How to chant a mantra 108 time… Trent Wilkerson on Can a Westerner convert to… Sig on Why don’t you follow the… surya on Another Western Hindu blog: Wr… Unmarried at 30: Han… on The Father, the Son, and the… tinnyray on A picture
- 345,507 hits since blog began
- Product Review: Sareez.com November 1, 2014 Lauren Mokasdar
- Happy Samhain and Halloween! October 31, 2014 The Los Perspective // Los Media Studios
- Ancestor Remembrance Project: Part Three October 31, 2014 Ambaa
- If You Had One Question… October 30, 2014 Ambaa
- Native American Indians October 29, 2014 Ambaa
- Devil’s Millhopper State Park October 29, 2014 The Los Perspective // Los Media Studios
- My kin October 28, 2014 jnana shiva
- View Posts by Western Hindus in a full page
I blog without obligation
Top 40 Hindu Blogs