The other day in our mandir, Pandit ji gave a nice analogy to explain why we sound the conch and ring the bells before arti. He likened it to the police siren. He said that if there are any unsavoury people hanging around a street corner and they hear a siren of a police car approaching they disappear. They know that the police will be following soon. Similarly when we hear the sound od the conch and the ringing of the bell our bad thoughts disapear. They know that the darshan is coming!
Search this blog
- This is just a random selection from all the links. The list will change daily.
- 326,328 hits since blog began
- Inimical Brotherhood July 28, 2014 Dhrishti
- Nag Panchami [Hindu Holiday] July 28, 2014 Ambaa
- My Best Quote! July 28, 2014 Barefoot Justine
- Re-pocalypse July 28, 2014 Dhrishti
- Would You Rather… July 27, 2014 treadmarkz
- Love July 27, 2014 jnana shiva
- Book Club: How to Become a Hindu (Chapter Four) July 27, 2014 Ambaa
- View Posts by Western Hindus in a full page
I blog without obligation
Top 40 Hindu Blogs