The other day in our mandir, Pandit ji gave a nice analogy to explain why we sound the conch and ring the bells before arti. He likened it to the police siren. He said that if there are any unsavoury people hanging around a street corner and they hear a siren of a police car approaching they disappear. They know that the police will be following soon. Similarly when we hear the sound od the conch and the ringing of the bell our bad thoughts disapear. They know that the darshan is coming!
Search this blog
- This is just a random selection from all the links. The list will change daily.
- 333,703 hits since blog began
- Reading the Upanishads: Katha Part Eleven September 2, 2014 Ambaa
- Why do Hindu’s immerse their Gods and Goddesses? September 2, 2014 Lauren Mokasdar
- Wally Wood September 1, 2014 Barefoot Justine
- Monkey Poop on my Head: Is it Lucky? September 1, 2014 Lauren Mokasdar
- Navratri Golu Theme Ideas September 1, 2014 Ambaa
- Barefoot Justine Photo Galleries Updated August 31, 2014 Barefoot Justine
- Updating Barefootjustine.com August 31, 2014 Barefoot Justine
- View Posts by Western Hindus in a full page
I blog without obligation
Top 40 Hindu Blogs