The other day in our mandir, Pandit ji gave a nice analogy to explain why we sound the conch and ring the bells before arti. He likened it to the police siren. He said that if there are any unsavoury people hanging around a street corner and they hear a siren of a police car approaching they disappear. They know that the police will be following soon. Similarly when we hear the sound od the conch and the ringing of the bell our bad thoughts disapear. They know that the darshan is coming!
Search this blog
- This is just a random selection from all the links. The list will change daily.
- 396,988 hits since blog began
- A Hidden Test of Strength July 5, 2015 Phillip Miner
- Religious fanaticism July 5, 2015 Jura Nanuk
- Scripture Study: Bhagavad Gita, book three verses 9-12 June 30, 2015 Ambaa
- Nature of reality according to Vedanta philosophy June 29, 2015 Jura Nanuk
- Knock Knock 2 June 29, 2015 Barefoot Justine
- Knock Knock June 29, 2015 Barefoot Justine
- Hurry Up and Wait June 28, 2015 Dhrishti
- View Posts by Western Hindus in a full page
I blog without obligation
Top 40 Hindu Blogs