The other day in our mandir, Pandit ji gave a nice analogy to explain why we sound the conch and ring the bells before arti. He likened it to the police siren. He said that if there are any unsavoury people hanging around a street corner and they hear a siren of a police car approaching they disappear. They know that the police will be following soon. Similarly when we hear the sound od the conch and the ringing of the bell our bad thoughts disapear. They know that the darshan is coming!
Search this blog
- This is just a random selection from all the links. The list will change daily.
- 331,128 hits since blog began
- Missing the Mosquito Net August 21, 2014 mariawirthblog
- Your Long Distance Relationship with an Indian August 21, 2014 Lauren Mokasdar
- The World is Going Crazy August 20, 2014 thelosperspective/losmediastudios
- Wasted Money August 20, 2014 Dhrishti
- Action August 20, 2014 Dhrishti
- My Wedding: One Year Later August 20, 2014 Ambaa
- The Blind School & Dahi Handi August 20, 2014 Lauren Mokasdar
- View Posts by Western Hindus in a full page
I blog without obligation
Top 40 Hindu Blogs