The other day in our mandir, Pandit ji gave a nice analogy to explain why we sound the conch and ring the bells before arti. He likened it to the police siren. He said that if there are any unsavoury people hanging around a street corner and they hear a siren of a police car approaching they disappear. They know that the police will be following soon. Similarly when we hear the sound od the conch and the ringing of the bell our bad thoughts disapear. They know that the darshan is coming!
Search this blog
- This is just a random selection from all the links. The list will change daily.
haga on Why Hinduism is the "Eter… Jyotirmoy A Proud Hi… on A Christian tries to convert m… Steve on A Christian tries to convert m… Steve on A Christian tries to convert m… Steve on A Christian tries to convert m… Steve on A Christian tries to convert m… Lambodara Das on Not all Western Hindus are whi…
- 402,609 hits since blog began
- Panel: Honoring or Appropriation? July 30, 2015 Ambaa
- Faith, Doubt, and Guru-Bhakti July 29, 2015 Ambaa
- Eleven Little Goddesses July 29, 2015 Lauren Mokasdar
- Lakshmi Likes A Clean Home July 27, 2015 Ambaa
- Probably Screwed July 27, 2015 Dhrishti
- “Did You Happen To Notice Where the Vaisnav Temple Is In Town, By Chance?” July 26, 2015 treadmarkz
- Misnomered July 26, 2015 treadmarkz
- View Posts by Western Hindus in a full page
I blog without obligation
Top 40 Hindu Blogs