The other day in our mandir, Pandit ji gave a nice analogy to explain why we sound the conch and ring the bells before arti. He likened it to the police siren. He said that if there are any unsavoury people hanging around a street corner and they hear a siren of a police car approaching they disappear. They know that the police will be following soon. Similarly when we hear the sound od the conch and the ringing of the bell our bad thoughts disapear. They know that the darshan is coming!
Search this blog
- This is just a random selection from all the links. The list will change daily.
- 339,144 hits since blog began
- Saraswati: Everything You Need to Know September 30, 2014 Ambaa
- Chikhaldara: Waterfalls and Mountains September 30, 2014 Lauren Mokasdar
- vLog #4 – Halloween Shop FAIL September 29, 2014 The Los Perspective // Los Media Studios
- How to Have a Hindu Housewarming September 29, 2014 Ambaa
- Your Stories: By the Grace of God September 29, 2014 Lauren Mokasdar
- The Appalachian Trail September 28, 2014 Art MacAilein
- Book Club: Eat, Pray, Love: Introduction-2 September 28, 2014 Ambaa
- View Posts by Western Hindus in a full page
I blog without obligation
Top 40 Hindu Blogs